Affiliate Marketing Expert Checklist By Spencer Coffman
You’ve read the book, Affiliate Marketing Expert by Spencer Coffman, now it’s time to start putting those steps and methods into action. It is do or die time, because once you start affiliate marketing, you’re in it for the long haul. It’s time to start setting up your business and laying the groundwork for, what could be, your retirement.
To do that, you’re going to need to remember everything you’ve learned and put it into action. That’s where the Affiliate Marketing Expert Checklist will come in handy. Work through this selection, and you should be a lot closer to achieving the kind of lifestyle you want and gaining the kind of financial security and freedom that is so elusive in the modern age.
In the full eBook, we discussed a large number of different techniques and strategies you can use to become highly successful at affiliate marketing. We went well beyond the ‘regular’ techniques used by most marketers and instead looked at advanced growth hacks and similar strategies that could help you to accelerate your growth and earn a lot more cash a lot more quickly.
But that was all very dense and a lot for you to absorb and remember all at once. Conversely then, this checklist will outline the simple steps you need to take to get to the very top of affiliate marketing. It’s sort of like the basic principles of the book. You’ll see how you easily can start making money by promoting another product and how easy it is for you to reach a huge audience.
Of course, this is only a checklist. You’ll still need to read through the full book if you want to be as successful as you can possibly be. Anyway, here is the Affiliate Marketing Expert Checklist.
Examine Your Situation
I know you’re excited to make a lot of money with affiliate marketing. However, it doesn’t happen overnight. Before you begin you need to assess your lifestyle and determine whether or not you are determined to make affiliate marketing work.
- Do you have the time to dedicate two hours every other day to your business?
- Are you in need of some extra cash?
- Are you patient and willing to work more now to receive a higher payoff later?
- Do you enjoy learning and working on the computer?
- Would you like to be your own boss and be financially free in three to five years?
If you answered yes to all of these questions then you are definitely ready to start an affiliate marketing business.
Know What You’re Getting Into
Before you begin an affiliate marketing business you need to make sure you are in the right mindset. Affiliate marketing isn’t going to be easy. It is like any business and it takes time and work to be successful.
- Starting an affiliate marketing business is going to take time and effort.
- You are going to have to conduct a lot of research.
- You need to invest the money you make back into the business.
- It may be three to five years before you start seeing “real” payouts.
Be Prepared For A Challenge
In the main book, you learned about many of the challenges in setting up an affiliate marketing business.
- Unless you invest a lot of money right away, you won’t make huge returns right away. That means it will take time.
- For a while, you will be working a lot more with little reward.
- You are building “sweat equity” for the future.
- Expect setbacks and deal with them accordingly, don’t let them stop you!
Find Your Product/Niche
In affiliate marketing, you need to decide what products you are going to promote long before you start your business. You need a detailed plan of action. Dedicate time and research to find a good niche.
- Find your product BEFORE you start anything else.
- Select a product that you know you can sell.
- Start with a smaller niche.
- Be very specific and honed in.
- Try to solve a problem or provide a solution.
- Needs to be a product you like and believe in.
- Needs to be something that you know about and can write about.
- Look for something with a proven track record.
- Find another successful business model and see how you can copy it.
Develop A Marketing Plan
So you’ve chosen your product. It’s a product that you know a lot about and absolutely love. You can write about it and aren’t afraid to tell others about it. It is something that is in demand and that can help people with a problem. Now you need to decide how you are going to promote that product.
- Is is a physical or digital product? This will determine how you promote it.
- Are you going to go door to door, sell to family, friends, and co-workers?
- You need a website. Will it be your own or will you use a web 2.0.
- Get your domain name.
- Get a hosting account.
- Build your website.
- (I can help you with this aspect. Simply contact me.)
- Get yourself on social media.
- Use your personal profiles to promote.
- Create pages, boards, blogs, et cetera for your business.
- Consider email marketing.
Set Up Your Sales Page
A sales page is an important part of your website. You need to make sure that it is designed properly and will capture attention. Psychology and marketing play a huge role here.
- Make it long and narrow so they keep scrolling.
- Use action colors as well as trustworthy colors.
- Make sure your text is persuasive and has a strong hook.
- Relate to the reader, make them feel like you understand them.
- Show them how they need your product.
- Solve a problem.
- Improve their life.
- Make things easier.
- Place nice buy buttons on the bottom of the page.
Now that everything is set up, you need to promote your page. This is where social media and other marketing strategies come into play.
- Start posting everywhere that you can.
- Write blog posts and get others to link back to you.
- Consider paid advertising on Google or Facebook.
- Use videos on your site to keep viewers engaged.
- Get some press release and magazine shout outs.
- Tell everyone you know and ask them to spread the word.
All of these tasks are much easier said than done and starting an affiliate marketing business is more work than people realize. However, the payoff is much greater than many other businesses out there. In addition, if you really dedicate yourself and have the time and effort to put in right away, you can start receiving income in a few months! It’s like anything, you will get out of it what you put into it. You reap what you sow. Therefore, be willing to put in the time and effort and you will see success.
Best of Luck,